Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Blues - Tamar

It’s eight o’clock in the morning, I’ve been up for two hours, and Christmas is three days away.

Last night we had our staff Christmas dinner, and everyone made fun of me because I pronounced Daiquiri wrong. Our dessert waiter knew the four of us from the craft store in Steveston and is coming in the New Year to take crochet classes. And why not? Lots of guys crochet now. Pauline ended up under the table; I’m sure everyone wonders how the hell that happened, but I’m not telling. Some things are best unknown.

I can’t type this morning, my head is all stuffed up and my throat is sore and scratchy. I don’t have all the gifts bought yet and am not looking forward to heading to the mall with my husband after work, to fight the crowds and have him waiting impatiently while I check every store for the perfect presents for two of my girls.

I have nothing wrapped, I have nothing baked. Did I mention Christmas was three days away? I have to work for the next two, my bank account is overdrawn already, and I can’t breathe through my nose.

It’s raining with the promise of more rain, I have no bus tickets and am only hoping and praying that there is enough coin in my purse to scrounge up bus fare, my feet are cold, and I would rather be in bed.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Ha ha happy new year! See you at the Olympics!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor Tamar! I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Just remember, Jesus is the reason for the season! It'll all get done ... or not, but whatever happens be sure and give yourself a pat on the back for all you do! Love you!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete