Saturday, September 26, 2009

Raw Dog Food - Tamar

I thought my dogs should eat raw food,
Neil said for dogs, it was real good,
And so he said, the next time he dropped by
He’d get some from the local pound,
(He always gets it for his hound)
And he would bring some for my dogs to try.

That night when feeding time came round,
I squeezed out beef, it looked like ground,
All slimy, bloody, stinky, just like poo,
I plated it and put it down,
My doggies looked at it and frowned,
And dipped their little noses in the goo.

Well, Khera took a little taste
Of this offending smelling paste,
I almost heard her say, “What is this shit?”
And Dixie just looked sad and thought,
‘What kind of crap has mother bought?’
And wouldn’t even try a little bit.

She ate some from my dinner fork,
And wondered why it wasn’t pork,
Like we had eaten for our evening meal;
And Khera saw her eating, thought,
It was a different meal she got,
And so came over with a view to steal.

Now Khera has some nasty habits -
When cat poops, she is there to grab it,
And chows it down like it was honey-sweet;
And Dixie, too, will come along,
And doesn’t seem to mind the pong,
When licking dirty, sweaty, smelly feet.

But this raw stuff? They both agreed
It wasn’t going to be their feed,
And so I thought, well maybe I will fry it,
So when ‘twas cooked I let it cool,
And then it made these doggies drool,
They both were dancing round so they could try it.

However, as it cooked, it stank.
Like it was something old and rank,
The house took on this horrid, rancid stink;
It drove my husband up to bed,
And I lit incense as they fed
I won’t be trying more of that, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment