Friday, June 26, 2009

The Break - Up...Maybe (part 1) - Tamar

I definitely will break up with him today. He’s driving me absolutely nuts. Only last night, when I was getting ready to go out with the girls he was all over me like a wet rag.

“Where ya going? Clubbing?”

I nodded my head, just once, and quickly, as I was trying to put on some mascara.

“Huh?”

“Yes!” I shouted. “Clubbing! With Roxie and Ria! Got a problem with that?”

“No, but...”

“But what?”

“You’ve been gone just about every night this week. When are WE going to go out and do something? You never seem to want to go out with me anymore.”

“Oh geez, here we go again. “ I was getting pretty fed up with this whining. So what if I go out a bit with my best girls. I’m not going to be stuck in this house all day long and not have any fun. Going out with him isn’t much fun anyway. All I do is sit and watch him drink beer, and if I even look at another guy, he goes all moody and huffy and we end up going home early.

As I screwed the cap on the mascara, I definitely made up my mind. I was going to break it off.
Tomorrow, I decided. Definitely tomorrow.

I ran to the door when I heard the beep and saw Ria’s little red car in the driveway.

“Bye! Don’t wait up – see ya in the morning!”

“Have fun – don’t do anything stupid, okay? Wake me when you get home, though...”

I don’t know what else he said. But I sure am not waking him when I get home. I won’t want to describe everywhere we went and everything we did and everyone we talked to. Fun becomes work when you have to explain every tiny thing you’ve done over the past few hours. Besides, I wasn’t sure I’d remember everything we did anyway. Who gives a damn? Bring on the wine.

1 comment:

  1. I love that I'm in this story, too! Leave it to me to be a bad influence! LOL

    ReplyDelete